Andersbostugan

The cottage at the original place,  Andersbovägen Hultsfred

ANDERSBO

CROFT UNDER THE ESTATE OF EKEBERG

This cottage is the only building in the park coming from Hultsfred. It was built in the middle of the 19th century in the northern part of Hultsfred by Anders Larsson, born in Vena 1793; that´s why it´s called Andersbo-cottage. The Andersbo-street has also got its name from him.

The cottage is a log cabin with a ridge and has only one room, a small kitchen and an entrance hall.

It was poor people who lived in crofts. To be allowed to live here they had to do day-work on the farm.

At the turn of the century (1800-1900) Fabian Hultgren (1825-1918) and his wife lived in Andersbo. They were in somewhat eccentric couple. He was called the ”Andersbo old man” and went around in cast-off military clothes. Often he fetched food left over at the kitchens on Hultsfreds plain.